Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby fluppa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:04 pm

We voted "Yes" for Issue 29. We don't thought that it could be too much work to post some pictures on the "Clan Activity "Site. Ok, now we see that Issue 29 is still in question.
Neither KM, MS or IF had the intention to get any Clan out of the Council. We just searched for a tool to give an activity proof and thought we found it. Although Issue 29 was
voted with the majority we now come to the point to waive it and come back to Fangfallens proposal :
I think it'd be better to simply raise an issue to kick them from the council rather than trying to get them removed by default because they can't/won't post some screenshots.
unquote
fluppa

Postby Ryankill » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:48 pm

Well, maybe we just need a new system in proving clan/players are active, as the old way is faulting of the leader taking a snap and posting it to the forum. While the system of voting off a clan is also heavily faulted too it seems it is the only thing being offered up by the clans now. I have an idea of a better system and i will contact the leaders of said clans when i have a layout, so maybe just postpone the kicking any clans and i will get back to you on it
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby BeatlesFan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:28 am

GivinUDaHimelik wrote: If you've found you can't, there's no need to be embarrassed, just get some new members and strengthen your clan.

I find this to be extremely arrogant or at least insensitive.

I refuse to take screenshots of my members in game and post them.

Over this last month we have participated in the "Let's Play" thread showing activity, Ryder Cup showing activity and you have enough proof for sure that me, Manny, PandorasBx, and FM have played. I am not going to demand that each of them take screenshots and I was not on the maps of Manny or FM, although I played the Ryder Cup with PandorasBx. Taking in game screenshots is your game, not mine.

"No need for you to be embarrassed". I am not. I am offended. I accept whatever the council decides on this, but I am not going to play it your way, nor am I going to beg. If VWC gets kicked, just follow the rules and do it.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby mattie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:04 am

BeatlesFan wrote:
GivinUDaHimelik wrote: If you've found you can't, there's no need to be embarrassed, just get some new members and strengthen your clan.

Over this last month we have participated in the "Let's Play" thread showing activity, Ryder Cup showing activity and you have enough proof for sure that me, Manny, PandorasBx, and FM have played. I am not going to demand that each of them take screenshots and I was not on the maps of Manny or FM, although I played the Ryder Cup with PandorasBx. Taking in game screenshots is your game, not mine.

"No need for you to be embarrassed". I am not. I am offended. I accept whatever the council decides on this, but I am not going to play it your way, nor am I going to beg. If VWC gets kicked, just follow the rules and do it.

I have seen all three players in game and even played with them
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:29 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was accusing you of being embarrassed, it was merely meant as an example. I had other examples in it, such as "If players leave the clan and take you below the activity standard, don't blame yourself or give up, recruit more members!" but it was too wordy after that. I apologize if this sounded offensive towards a certain clan or individual; please forgive my abruptness.

mattie wrote:I have seen all three players in game and even played with them

Mattie, while your opinion/comment may be valid, you're not authorized to post here, so please resist from posting here again.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Issue #31 has been released in the voting plaza and current results updated.
Sabre

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:39 am

This is still a rough idea, but I kind of know how I can prove my clan's in game activity without having to get a screenshot during a game. It also allows me to prove it at any time I am able to log in.

I will go into social and see the total number of games played by my members as of that date. Then each month I go in and check again. They had better have played something since the last time. I will figure out a better way to say this, but for now, since I already check their forum activity each month, I will verify that they played at least one more total game than the last month.

I hope this raw idea leads to something useful.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:44 am

BeatlesFan wrote:This is still a rough idea, but I kind of know how I can prove my clan's in game activity without having to get a screenshot during a game. It also allows me to prove it at any time I am able to log in.

I will go into social and see the total number of games played by my members as of that date. Then each month I go in and check again. They had better have played something since the last time. I will figure out a better way to say this, but for now, since I already check their forum activity each month, I will verify that they played at least one more total game than the last month.

I hope this raw idea leads to something useful.

Ryan had a fairly impressive idea that he explained to me in the rough yesterday. He's working out the rough details and should explain it all soon.

And the above is what I and Fluppa were doing for members we didn't find in-game. I only used the pictures of a player in a game to save space and time (one picture, rather than two). It wasn't required that they be in a game at the time of the picture.

Now, it's time for bed, I got school tomorrow.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby >(FM)< » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Is this still followed?
Each accepted Moderator gets one vote.

Am I accepted? :D
If they are in a clan, does it still count?
Not that I really have any intention of voting really, BF has pretty much the same view as me when it comes to clan politics.
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:22 am

>(FM)< wrote:Is this still followed?
Each accepted Moderator gets one vote.

Am I accepted? :D
If they are in a clan, does it still count?
Not that I really have any intention of voting really, BF has pretty much the same view as me when it comes to clan politics.

This was vetoed in Issue #8 and it seems it was never actually taken off the page. Moderators do not get a vote in clan matters unless they happen to be the leader of that clan.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion