Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby fluppa » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 pm

We wanna bring up a new point. We heard that Grego, JJ and Infected left WP. We therefore wonder how many active Members WP has
today in their clan.... still 4 ? Because this is the m/m for being Member of this council. I ask the leader of WP (Autumnwolf or Fangfallen)
if they still are to clarify this point to the Council avoiding any misunderstandings which I don't like to hear on Lobby.

So don't get me wrong WP. You are one of the oldest clans in VW and done a lot to get VW going and we show respect for it. On the
other hand the Council and the other clans should know what are all these rumours aobut. So please clarify this point.
fluppa

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:44 pm

I am not the current clan leader, the page has not been updated, but since my name was mentioned, I will reply.

Chris is the clan leader and autumn is the coleader. Between us three, calleharnemark, vortexkiller12, and guineazilla, there are enough people to qualify it as an active clan.

I have seen these people on in the last 30 days.

That being said, they and myself included, might not actually be doing very much.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby >(FM)< » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:52 pm

I like how Issue #29 was passed unanimously by 4-5 clans, but only 1-2 can actually do it, brought it on ourselves.
I for one was against it to begin with, completely unnecessary.

Anyway to revisit issue #29?
I'm just a co-leader so I don't have any leverage in what I say :P
PREACH THE TRUTH
Angels forever. AoA - Don't follow me on Tumblr, Seriously
ImageImageImage
>(FM)<

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 am

Let them do it. They wish to destroy the council. In 11 days, unless something changes, every clan except KM and IF are off the council. They can enjoy having declared everyone else officially inactive. I refuse to post the in game pictures and so it shall be.

Note: VWC Co-Leader speaks for VWC on this thread in the absence of the Clan Leader so whatever FM posts here has my complete support.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby highlander » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:53 am

This sad the we resolved one problem but got another,my clan was declared inactive because of ''NO FORUM ACTIVTY''yet i proved my clan was active in game,by which standard do we set ourselves.Clans are game based thats the reason they were made but secondly also as a friendly chatline ,for members to keep in touch.Either we scrap both rulings of forum use and game use and just let clans live as they wish.That way no body is stepping on anyones toes about who is active or not.Or pointing fingers.
I say scrap all and let the clan leader decide the fate of his clan,he is either a true warrior clan fighting or a forum chatline.If we who built this council suddenly destory ourselves what hope is left for the game.We are not politicians ,we are not the Trumps,Putins or jung-uns of this world,we started making clan wars with some better opinions which turned to rules,now we've over-stepped i think.The council made great strides to get here,lets not let that all go to waste.

Renegade Rangers motion to scrap all activity proof for forum and game and just enjoy the game.Let the clan leaders decide there own clans.

Edit:Tearing ourselves apart will not help the game.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Ryankill » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:50 am

Issue #29- Approve new definition of active clan.
~"An active clan is one that has four different active members in-game over a two-month period. Failure to prove such activity without legitimate excuse (i.e. game shutting down temporarily, etc.) will result in automatic suspension* of Council membership. Continued inactivity for a third month results in automatic loss** of Council membership and clans re-applying for Council membership must go through the voting process."

*Suspension= Loss of all Council privileges, but if activity is proved within the next month after suspension, clan regains privileges without Council member vote.
**Loss= Out of the Council indefinitely; must re-enter Council through member vote after proving clan is once again active.~
5-0

It says active "in-game " so we don't have to prove forum activity, it's 4 people, which if we were not lazy would be really easy to prove
But ya, that 5-0 vote was shot in your own foot
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:40 pm

highlander wrote:Renegade Rangers motion to scrap all activity proof for forum and game and just enjoy the game.Let the clan leaders decide there own clans.

VWC votes yes to this. Considering that RR proposed this, it means they voted yes as well. 2-0 in favor of this proposal so far.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Ryankill wrote:It says active "in-game " so we don't have to prove forum activity, it's 4 people, which if we were not lazy would be really easy to prove

Well, I got a PM from one of the Council clan leaders stating that unless I post 4 in-game screenshots by the end of August that my clan is kicked along with all of the others that have not done so. So far, only KM and IF have posted screenshots. I refuse to do it and we will see if any other clan posts theirs and if they follow through on their threat. I am not going to be worried about it. If they kick all except IF and KM due to this ridiculous interpretation of the rules that is the situation that they created.
BeatlesFan

Postby GivinUDaHimelik » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:52 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:
Ryankill wrote:It says active "in-game " so we don't have to prove forum activity, it's 4 people, which if we were not lazy would be really easy to prove

Well, I got a PM from one of the Council clan leaders stating that unless I post 4 in-game screenshots by the end of August that my clan is kicked along with all of the others that have not done so. So far, only KM and IF have posted screenshots. I refuse to do it and we will see if any other clan posts theirs and if they follow through on their threat. I am not going to be worried about it. If they kick all except IF and KM due to this ridiculous interpretation of the rules that is the situation that they created.

I would like to point out that MS also posted proof of their activity.

The only reason I asked for Issue #29 was that everyone complained that certain clans are/aren't active and no one felt like proving it. I wanted to challenge the clans to prove their activity in-game which is what counts. I figured if a clan really wanted to be in existence, they would get some active members and prove it their activity. Otherwise, we're just flattering ourselves about how active we are. To me, the forums are like any other social media and I don't count it as activity.

I have no problem with #29, it doesn't take long to take and post 4 screenshots at the maximum (less if multiple people are in one shot). Ten minutes total of your time maybe? If you all want to scrap #29, go ahead; IF, KM, and MS can all prove their activity and you all agreed to as well when you voted for it. If you've found you can't, there's no need to be embarrassed, just get some new members and strengthen your clan. Anyhow, do what you want. I won't vote on whether or not to scrap #29, you all know how I'd vote anyway.

If you scrap #29, let's not hear about one clan trying to kick another out of the Council because they're inactive. Issue #29 provided a common rule, if it's gone, each leader is the only one who can decide if their clan is active. Each has their own opinion on if the forums or in-game is more important and how long is too long before kicking a player.
Meet me (GivinUDaHimelik, Himelik, OneNOnlyHimelik, NoSoliciting) in-game to ask about joining my clan the Killer Mantids. We're always looking for skilled, active players.

Check out our wars here.
GivinUDaHimelik

Postby Fangfallen » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:37 pm

If nobody is in the council what purpose does the council serve?

A standard for activity is a good standard, but making it a necessity to have a leader go through and take screenshots of his/her various members is time consuming and can be quite difficult for those of us with a day job. Usually when I log in, there is nobody on - because I am on late late at night after work.

I would say that it might be better to approach kicking clans that are deemed inactive in the manner we did so with OOS or the XRiders. When a clan is visibly inactive plus they don't have a leader arguing against it vocally. In the case of VWC I see both the lead and colead very active and contributing to the community. That's two members right there. They likely have other members on at differing times. I think it'd be better to simply raise an issue to kick them from the council rather than trying to get them removed by default because they can't/won't post some screenshots. I'm pretty sure I know where I would stand on that issue. Plus, if the clan is able to vote NO on their own removal, I think that's proof enough that their wheels are still turning.

Don't get me wrong, activity is a great thing - and that's why I fought for a Clan Activity Award. It's better to encourage activity rather to enforce it. If you go and kick subactive clans from a clan council, those clans are no longer inclined to participate in clan activities and wars. In a way, you're just discouraging that clan from being active.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion