Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

I'll add Issue 5 immediately, if it's passed it will void the need for the O.O.S. Vote, give AF clan rights, instate Chris as the second Bench member, as well as begin voting for the third Bench member.
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 pm

On a second note I would like to address the requirements for joining the Council Board (Normal Member of Council, not Bench.), being recognized as Active by the Council, & the requirements for clan wars.

This is my recommendation & I would like for the current members of the Board to help me alter and improve it.

To be recognized as a Active Clan

1. You must have 8 active members. (Prior to this it was widely accepted to be 4 active members, but I believe it should be increased so that it is easier to do wars and etc.)
2. You must have been in existence for TWO WEEKS minimum. (This is to make sure you won't fall apart in three days.)
3. You must receive a majority "Yes" from the Council Board.

To be registered as a Board Member
1. You must already be recognized as an Active Clan.
2. You must be in existence for a Month (The Board is a serious matter with no official maximum capacity, we need to know that you won't just disappear.)
3. You must receive majority "Yes" from the Council Board.

On Clan Wars.

First off, I would like to have FUTURE clan wars listed on the front page and then award titles or SOMETHING to the clans who do best.
Of course not any old clan war would be able to count so..

1. War must be with a clan that is recognized as ACTIVE.
2. War must have at least 10 battles.

That's all.

Now, none of what I just said is a rule, nor will it happen necassarily, it is simply a suggestion to the clans, you can all add and modify to this until it is satisfactory.
Sabre

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Board Clan needs voting and requirements, probably close to that, active clan doesn't need to be so strict, especially as it may be a bit less inviting to join a clan that isn't even recognized, given the speed at which things happen. I don't think active clan really even needs the council approval, I've recognized the Mantids as another clan, even if I haven't voted for them to be on the council. Heck, I listed the Star Demons, and nobody would have let them on the council.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby highlander » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Autumnwolf17 wrote:Board Clan needs voting and requirements, probably close to that, active clan doesn't need to be so strict, especially as it may be a bit less inviting to join a clan that isn't even recognized, given the speed at which things happen. I don't think active clan really even needs the council approval, I've recognized the Mantids as another clan, even if I haven't voted for them to be on the council. Heck, I listed the Star Demons, and nobody would have let them on the council.

Either vote for The Killer Mantids or abstain.
They're 5 issue's have you even bothered to vote on any(so called biggest clan leader,who's numbers are doubtful anymore)
And no long drowl about if the three stooges are part of it.
The council is to get things done Autumnwolf17 not a platform for you to win an Oscar.
Last edited by highlander on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotland The Brave

Hint;Stop being abusive /bullying and you'll not be reported.
highlander

Postby Ryankill » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Sabre wrote:On a second note I would like to address the requirements for joining the Council Board (Normal Member of Council, not Bench.), being recognized as Active by the Council, & the requirements for clan wars.

This is my recommendation & I would like for the current members of the Board to help me alter and improve it.

1. You must have 8 active members. (Prior to this it was widely accepted to be 4 active members, but I believe it should be increased so that it is easier to do wars and etc.)
2. You must have been in existence for TWO WEEKS minimum. (This is to make sure you won't fall apart in three days.)

2. You must be in existence for a Month (The Board is a serious matter with no official maximum capacity, we need to know that you won't just disappear.)

On Clan Wars.

First off, I would like to have FUTURE clan wars listed on the front page and then award titles or SOMETHING to the clans who do best.

That's all.

Now, none of what I just said is a rule, nor will it happen necassarily, it is simply a suggestion to the clans, you can all add and modify to this until it is satisfactory.

8 members seem fair enough, but maybe 6 would be better?
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:13 am

Ryankill wrote:
Sabre wrote:On a second note I would like to address the requirements for joining the Council Board (Normal Member of Council, not Bench.), being recognized as Active by the Council, & the requirements for clan wars.

On Clan Wars.

That's all.

8 members seem fair enough, but maybe 6 would be better?

Perhaps, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.
Sabre

Postby Vortex_Master » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:11 am

Everything looks sound. I agree with all of the requirements, though looking from a new clan point of view, one month will seem too long to most. I say that if an Active clan asks to be accepted as a member prior to the one month period, a unanimous vote will allow them entry.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:08 am

Vortex_Master wrote:Everything looks sound. I agree with all of the requirements, though looking from a new clan point of view, one month will seem too long to most. I say that if an Active clan asks to be accepted as a member prior to the one month period, a unanimous vote will allow them entry.

That is a legitimate concern, we could shorten it or do away with it as it would require two weeks to become an active clan and you have to be an active clan to be a member.
Sabre

Postby Ratburntro44 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:32 am

No to issues 4 and 5.
Ratburntro44

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:36 am

Sabre wrote:Image

Issue #1- Armifera Fatum accepted as a Council Member.

YES- 4 NO- 0
-----
Issue #2- The Killer Mantids accepted as a Council Member.

YES- 1 NO- 2
-----
Issue #3- Give the Chair the ability to break a voting tie situation.

YES- 2 NO- 1
-----
Issue #4- Initiate 3 day countdown to the tiebreaking Council Vote between Karen219 and Ballsack for the third Council seat.

YES- 1 NO- 1
-----
Issue #5- Every issue will have a ten day voting period, at the end of this period the majority vote rules or the tie will be broken by the Bench.

YES- 1 NO- 1

THE VORTEX RANGER'S: Highlander & Gollum01.
Knights of the Round Table: Guest77 & Karen219
The WolfPack: Autumnwolf17 & Necrocat219
Warriors Creed: Ratburntro44 & Vortex_Master
The miltary soldiers: ryankill & luckyoneab
The 4 Riders: Sincityman, Jonsteederi, Reznorock, & Tensegravs

The Vortex Wars Council is established to provide a governing body for Active Clans.

The Vortex Wars Council is comprised of one designated clan leader for each Active Clan plus Forum Moderators.

Each designated clan leader will appoint one member of their clan to serve as an alternate. The alternate only acts in the absence of their clan leader so that the clan is represented.

The purpose of the Vortex Wars Council is to provide a venue for establishing a sense of order and decisions that are applicable to all clans.

Each Clan is independent and is autonomous in any internal clan matter.

The Council cannot dictate or impose anything on an individual clan.

The Council will provide structure and arbitration on matters that either impact all clans or cannot be resolved by the clans themselves.

The Council may vote on any issue raised by Active Clans and will provide a decision that represents the consensus or at least majority will of the Clan community.
Each Moderator in the council gets a voting power of one vote.
In the case of a tie the Chairmen may make a unified vote. (subject to council approval)

Is this layout good? Any reccomendations?
Last edited by Fangfallen on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion