Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes : 17

{CP} Needs Counsel Approval.

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:35 pm

The Idea behind {CP}
In-game we have a system (though prone to failure) that helps evaluate a players general skill, I propose a system similar to that to show an entire clans worth.this system would be composed of three different addends that would combine to the sum of the {CP} which is the "Clan Points"
The three addends would be three different ranking systems designed to reach out to each kind of clan, thus giving each clan a chance at gaining a high level of {CP}.

The three addends (type of points)
Spoiler: show
{WP} Warpoints
Each time a clan wins a war/tournament/friendly battle that is recognized on the forums with more than 4 people from each of the fighting clans participating they would earn 50 {WP}. When a clan loses the battle they lose 50 {WP}.

{MP} Memberpoints
For each Active Member a clan has they would earn 10 {MP}, for each Inactive Member they would earn 1 {MP}

{RP} Respectpoints
On a bi-monthly basis a poll would be taken via the acting counsel that would list in order the most respected clans (each clan in the counsel would be in the running) First place would earn 250 {RP} Second would earn 200 {RP},Third 150 {RP} and so on in decreasing increments of 50 {RP} until either it reaches 0 or all clans have received {RP}

How it adds up
Each addend would be summed up to the total number of points, this raw number will have the prefix {CP} added to it and be displayed on the front page of each clan. Every clan would have a different number of {CP} and this would be a good way to display general clan worth.

I have arguments against this idea!
Read my counterarguments for the arguments I forsee being placed.
My clan isn't member/war/skill based! We would have an unfair disadvantage using this system.
Would you? This is set up to reach out all types of clans, The Riders are a small clan, yet they are great in wars. Wolfpack is based on members more than on wars. There will be a balance, calm down.

Why should we do this?
This will do several things for us all.
A) It will hopefully increase clans activity in recruiting and doing battles in the search for more {CP}
b) It will help to give people a good luck at the average worth of each respective clan.
C) It will be fun and easy to do.

This sounds hard...
Really? This isn't hard at all. If we were to use this system all you would have to do to start is count your members, past wars cannot be used, and there wont be a respect poll yet.

What if all the clans don't partake of the system?
It will be put to two votes..
A) A public vote
B) A counsel vote if the public vote shows promise.

What if a clan falsifies information?
If it is found out they may be contacted via PM and asked to correct it, if they refuse it will be brought to the counsel to deal with

I realize I may not have worded this perfectly, nor expressed enough information. I believe I gave enough info. for you guys to figure out my meaning.
Last edited by Fangfallen on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Re: {CP} Needs Counsel Approval.

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Pretty even so far, after this has been up for a while (Or after we get past about 25 total votes) I'll submit it to the Counsel for voting. Unless of course the results show a landslide "No"
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Joshua » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Do you mean Counsel or Council? It's confusing.
Xerxes:Let us reason. It would be a waste. It would be madness for you and your troops to perish because of a misunderstanding. There is much our cultures could share.
Leonidas:Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
Joshua

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Joshua wrote:Do you mean Counsel or Council? It's confusing.

Dang, my usual perfect (Or near perfect) grammar has once again hit a rut. Please excuse me, I meant "Council".

Yes, I know sometimes I don't spell correctly or use perfect grammatical structure. My point was that when I try to be correct, I am.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Vortex_Master » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:24 pm

I am up for having CP... WP and WC will be high up there with the members and respect, while Knights and MS will do great in wars.
Make Vortex Wars Great Again!
Vortex_Master

Postby Fangfallen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Vortex_Master wrote:I am up for having CP... WP and WC will be high up there with the members and respect, while Knights and MS will do great in wars.

Exactly, I set it up so that each clan can prosper. Plus, it will encourage (hopefully) all clans to work on all three sections.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Fangfallen » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:44 am

I re-evaluated the values of the three addends. Active members are now worth 10 {MP} and battles worth 50 {WP}. Tomorrow I will re-vamp the {RP} I have a much better system for that in mind, though I am still open to thoughts.

Glad to see that currently we have more "Yes"s than "No"s.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Return to General discussion