He said What?!

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: He said What?!

Postby Ratburntro44 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Awesome400 wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:Not really. The idea isn't his; we aren't figuring it out; we are creating it.

So kind of like minecraft ;) . I think that we should have a council leader that is not a clan leader and not in a clan (would not show favoritism) and has experience with this kind of this stuff to lead. (I would vote for myself but I am a clan leader) I suggest an in-game mod.

No offense, but I don't think this is a good idea at all. Having someone in charge of this stuff takes away the point; then it isn't community run anymore. It becomes that-person run. Clans are run how the leader wants; no person gets to choose the rules and run the clan system.
Ratburntro44

Postby Awesome400 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Awesome400 wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:Not really. The idea isn't his; we aren't figuring it out; we are creating it.

So kind of like minecraft ;) . I think that we should have a council leader that is not a clan leader and not in a clan (would not show favoritism) and has experience with this kind of this stuff to lead. (I would vote for myself but I am a clan leader) I suggest an in-game mod.

No offense, but I don't think this is a good idea at all. Having someone in charge of this stuff takes away the point; then it isn't community run anymore. It becomes that-person run. Clans are run how the leader wants; no person gets to choose the rules and run the clan system.

Kind of like what fiendess did when she came out of hibernation. ;) I still think that there should be a FEW rules Ex:must have a mimnimim lvl requirement, at least 5 members to be considered a clan if not you would be considered a rag-tag, must have a clan page on the forum etc etc. Little stuff like that.
(Join the 2k Rebels we fight for um... justice and stuff like that. :D)

http://www.vortexwars.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=1733

Donate to VortexWars 2.0 Donation fund!

http://www.advizenow.com/

(Im spreading the word :P)
Awesome400

Postby Ratburntro44 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Minimum level requirement is a HORRIBLE idea in my opinion. You should not be allowed to decide that or others.

What determines if they are a clan is not where they have a topic or how many members they have. It is simply if other clans acknowledge their existence.
Ratburntro44

Postby Drone6o3 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:11 am

Awesome400 wrote:ATTENTION ALL CLAN LEADERS

Apparently lopdo does not like the clan idea and will not be implementing them in the next update or in any other updates as said here.
http://www.vortexwars.com/forum/viewtop ... 416#p13416
So if clans are to work out I suggest the leaders of all the clans come up with a good reasonable way to incorporate clans into the game without an actual mechanic to help it work. I will start with a few of my suggestions.

All clan wars should be thought of ahead of time instead of spontaniously.

SOMEBODY has to keep score of wins and losses (not it :) )

A clan council topic needs to be opened up about current rules

That is about everything I can think of (for now)

Agreed, but i think we Need to have Leagues to do it, I will Moderate 1 League,
but I'm not handling them all.
Drone6o3

Postby Swordalchemist » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:50 am

Awesome400 wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:1. Nice job trying to send us to the mod forum (I assume that's what it is...)
2. He said clans are supposed to be community based. That is why they are not going to be a feature; they are not supposed to be a feature! They are supposed to be organized otuside of the game.

If thats the case then thats a really bad idea. So pretty much he wants us to go in blindly into this idea and figure it out ourselves. METAPHOR ALERT: Thats like giving a blinfolded person a 100 peice puzzle and expecting him to finish it with no effort. ;)

I disagree. There are many resources that are available to those who wish to form clans. You can hardly be likened to a blindfolded person....
Swordalchemist

Postby Awesome400 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Ratburntro44 wrote:Minimum level requirement is a HORRIBLE idea in my opinion. You should not be allowed to decide that or others.

What determines if they are a clan is not where they have a topic or how many members they have. It is simply if other clans acknowledge their existence.

So you call 2 people a clan? ;)

(Nice new avatar 0_0)

Awesome400

Postby furqi » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:47 pm

awesome ure clan used to have like 3 people.... so yah..... anyways as rat said, if other clans aknologe that clan, then yes they are a clan
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
- The Madman
furqi

Postby Awesome400 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:52 pm

furqi wrote:awesome ure clan used to have like 3 people.... so yah..... anyways as rat said, if other clans aknologe that clan, then yes they are a clan

Used to. I have grown since then to 12 members. Back when I had 3 members was when I had just formed my clan. ;) Your clan used to have 3 members also as I remember. :roll:

Awesome400

Postby necromancer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

furqi wrote:awesome ure clan used to have like 3 people.... so yah..... anyways as rat said, if other clans aknologe that clan, then yes they are a clan

agreed. this... i know! lets get techgump to be the clan chairman! hes neutral, strong, a moderater, and has connections with lopdo.
I only hope he doesnt decline. :?
necromancer

Postby techgump » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 pm

If my services are needed, I will oblige the clan community. Figure it out as a group and let me know.
techgump

Location: 3rd planet from a G2V star within the inner rim of the Milky Way galaxy's Orion Arm's Gould Belt

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion