Clan Rules

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Clan Rules

Postby Ratburntro44 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm

I came up with a different idea, I'm going to post it soon, it involves leagues with rules, so different groups of clans follow the rules they want.
Ratburntro44

Postby Drone6o3 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Why didn't we do anything with the Geneva Convention, :|
Nobody posted rules, So nobody won....

Did nobody find it a good idea?
Drone6o3

EFFACÉ

Postby Ozserf » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 pm

EFFACÉ
Last edited by Ozserf on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozserf

Postby Drone6o3 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Nah, since rat was the only one to send in an idea he won, we are using Divisions, different divisions with different rules, different ranking, & different clans fighting.
Your clan can join multiple divisions to ;)
Drone6o3

Postby Awesome400 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 pm

BetaGen wrote:I'll try to bring some ideas to standardizing the clans, so just bare with me.

• Every official clan-match should be moderated by a mod (or a person with spectator privileges) or the end result must be documented in a screenshot. These count in ranking and the screenshot should clearly show the names of the players
  • Any non-moderated/non-screenshot clan match would be considered a friendly match that does not count in ranking.
  • The maps for official clan-matches must be approved by the Vortex Wars forum community. For best results, at least 5 members and 1 moderator should agree.
  • The Clan-match results must contain (not in this order):
    1.Result 2.Map 3.Clans 4.Player number 5.Evidence
    Notes: The Map should include the determined settings such as (HC, Full map)
    The evidence should contain either the Nickname of the spectating mod or link to the screenshot

With 4 of these "rules" the Clan idea would be already standardized.
Also, I believe that the clan inside politics (ranks (such as veterans), number of members) are up to the Founders of the clan since this does not affect other clans directly.

Edited: But if the individual players want to be ranked and compared in between clans, there should also be a standardized ranking system. For instance:
  • If clan wars occur in a 1v1 until either clan runs out of members (if it's 5v5, the score could be 4-5), the individual players could be ranked on the number of such matches won and lost (ratio)
  • If it's a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 and individual players would want to be ranked, a system of gaining half or a similar number of what 1v1 would get.
  • Another idea would be to keep records of the individual players matches to rank them, I will make a hypothetical example of me:
    Betagen (Won/Lost):
    1v1: (4/5) 2v2: (2/3) 3v3: (0/0)
    And so on...

P.S. The reason I'm suggesting a standardized system is because the forum has not yet expanded too much and it could be controlled. But when over 20 clans with at least 7 members in each form, it will really be difficult to track bullshit ;) at least 4 forum members join everyday and you see how much has recently changed due to 3-5 new active members.

Edited: referring to Clan War rules: http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1730
  • Due to different timezones of players or lack of time a match can be adjourned or cancelled. This should not be considered as a loss.
  • The accepted/delayed clan war challenge should be notified in the clan page first post. This could also apply to the results.

These rules further push my idea to add deputies instead of having 15-20 mods intimidating and scaring away all the young players. With my deputy idea they would only be able to specatate games.viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1673 Just like implied here. On the other hand I think that all leaders should be able to oraganize matches without too much hassle. I also think that there should be no limit on the amount of members you can have. But that there should be a minimum limit to keep from little rag tag groups of people to swarm vortex wars. One big problem that sticks out to me is that clans should each have a way to represent themselves without having to make a fancy banner that they found on google. One way to fix that would be to imply something similar to mad editor called banner editor that allowa you to make your own banner from scratch. My absolut last problem with clans is that there should be a square limit on the number of clans (most likely the ones that were started on the forums) if not nobody would join clans and everybody would have there own clan that no one would want to join. ;)
(Join the 2k Rebels we fight for um... justice and stuff like that. :D)

http://www.vortexwars.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=1733

Donate to VortexWars 2.0 Donation fund!

http://www.advizenow.com/

(Im spreading the word :P)
Awesome400

Postby Drone6o3 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:44 am

i didn't find my banner on google, and ATB had me custom make theirs,
Drone6o3

Postby furqi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:06 am

awesome i wouldnt really be talking if i were you. if i think i can understand what you are saying, that means you dont deserve to have a clan.... merge with the venom clan and warrior clan..... so pm drone
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
- The Madman
furqi

Postby mattie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:43 pm

well i just wanna make the 200 post so yeah :D :D :D :D :D :D
Spoiler: show
hi
mattie

Postby Awesome400 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:31 am

furqi wrote:awesome i wouldnt really be talking if i were you. if i think i can understand what you are saying, that means you dont deserve to have a clan.... merge with the venom clan and warrior clan..... so pm drone

Um.....NO!

(Rage Quit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: )
(Join the 2k Rebels we fight for um... justice and stuff like that. :D)

http://www.vortexwars.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=1733

Donate to VortexWars 2.0 Donation fund!

http://www.advizenow.com/

(Im spreading the word :P)
Awesome400

Postby furqi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 am

Awesome400 wrote:
But that there should be a minimum limit to keep from little rag tag groups of people to swarm vortex wars. My absolut last problem with clans is that there should be a square limit on the number of clans (most likely the ones that were started on the forums) if not nobody would join clans and everybody would have there own clan that no one would want to join. ;)

no offense but you arent exactly a big clan. you are kinda a rag tag.

also [quote=Awesome400] One big problem that sticks out to me is that clans should each have a way to represent themselves without having to make a fancy banner that they found on google. One way to fix that would be to imply something similar to mad editor called banner editor that allowa you to make your own banner from scratch.
[/quote]

theres paint, photoshop, paint.net................
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
- The Madman
furqi

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion