Clan Rules

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Clan Rules

Postby BetaGen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 am

I'll try to bring some ideas to standardizing the clans, so just bare with me.

• Every official clan-match should be moderated by a mod (or a person with spectator privileges) or the end result must be documented in a screenshot. These count in ranking and the screenshot should clearly show the names of the players
  • Any non-moderated/non-screenshot clan match would be considered a friendly match that does not count in ranking.
  • The maps for official clan-matches must be approved by the Vortex Wars forum community. For best results, at least 5 members and 1 moderator should agree.
  • The Clan-match results must contain (not in this order):
    1.Result 2.Map 3.Clans 4.Player number 5.Evidence
    Notes: The Map should include the determined settings such as (HC, Full map)
    The evidence should contain either the Nickname of the spectating mod or link to the screenshot

With 4 of these "rules" the Clan idea would be already standardized.
Also, I believe that the clan inside politics (ranks (such as veterans), number of members) are up to the Founders of the clan since this does not affect other clans directly.

Edited: But if the individual players want to be ranked and compared in between clans, there should also be a standardized ranking system. For instance:
  • If clan wars occur in a 1v1 until either clan runs out of members (if it's 5v5, the score could be 4-5), the individual players could be ranked on the number of such matches won and lost (ratio)
  • If it's a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 and individual players would want to be ranked, a system of gaining half or a similar number of what 1v1 would get.
  • Another idea would be to keep records of the individual players matches to rank them, I will make a hypothetical example of me:
    Betagen (Won/Lost):
    1v1: (4/5) 2v2: (2/3) 3v3: (0/0)
    And so on...

P.S. The reason I'm suggesting a standardized system is because the forum has not yet expanded too much and it could be controlled. But when over 20 clans with at least 7 members in each form, it will really be difficult to track bullshit ;) at least 4 forum members join everyday and you see how much has recently changed due to 3-5 new active members.

Edited: referring to Clan War rules: http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1730
  • Due to different timezones of players or lack of time a match can be adjourned or cancelled. This should not be considered as a loss.
  • The accepted/delayed clan war challenge should be notified in the clan page first post. This could also apply to the results.
Last edited by BetaGen on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3jnW2kcUs
IT IS TIME YOU
( •_•)
( •_•)⤺⫭■-■
(⫭■_■)
MAKE A DONATION
*YEEAAAAAAAAAAAH*
http://www.advizenow.com/
BetaGen

Postby Fiendess » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:46 am

These are pretty good, this should be implemented in CW rules.
I wanna be the BOSHY!
Fiendess

Postby Sundancer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 am

Fiend, Who do you think you are to think you're of a better class? Who do you think you are to expect us to kiss your ass?
techgump wrote:It's sundancer, there is no explanation.

highlander wrote:i like sundancer

No remorse, no guilt or pity...
Sundancer

Postby Fiendess » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Sundancer wrote:Fiend, Who do you think you are to think you're of a better class? Who do you think you are to expect us to kiss your ass?

accuse me all you want but you got it all wrong sir.
I wanna be the BOSHY!
Fiendess

Postby Sundancer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Fiendess wrote:
Sundancer wrote:Fiend, Who do you think you are to think you're of a better class? Who do you think you are to expect us to kiss your ass?

accuse me all you want but you got it all wrong sir.

Just kidding, you're a fine person in my opinion.
techgump wrote:It's sundancer, there is no explanation.

highlander wrote:i like sundancer

No remorse, no guilt or pity...
Sundancer

Postby Ratburntro44 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:31 pm

BetaGen wrote:I'll try to bring some ideas to standardizing the clans, so just bare with me.

• Every official clan-match should be moderated by a mod (or a person with spectator privileges) or the end result must be documented in a screenshot.

Why do we need moderators for this? Can normal players not take screenshots? Also, part of the point of clans is that they are not "official".
These count in ranking and the screenshot should clearly show the names of the players

Again, anyone can do that.
  • Any non-moderated/non-screenshot clan match would be considered a friendly match that does not count in ranking.

• Again, why should we need a mod?
  • The maps for official clan-matches must be approved by the Vortex Wars forum community. For best results, at least 5 members and 1 moderator should agree.

• I completely disagree with this. Two clans should be able to play on whatever map they want.
  • The Clan-match results must contain (not in this order):
    1.Result 2.Map 3.Clans 4.Player number 5.Evidence

• How is this useful? In addition, I disagree with the forced 1v1 rounds idea. It seems pointless to force clans to fight some arbitrary way Fiendess came up with.
    Notes: The Map should include the determined settings such as (HC, Full map)
    The evidence should contain either the Nickname of the spectating mod or link to the screenshot

Again, what is the point of a spectating mod?

With 4 of these "rules" the Clan idea would be already standardized.

"The Clan idea" does not have any need to be standardized. These rules simply force clans to follow arbitrary guidelines that some guy came up with.
    Also, I believe that the clan inside politics (ranks (such as veterans), number of members) are up to the Founders of the clan since this does not affect other clans directly.

This I can agree with.

Edited: But if the individual players want to be ranked and compared in between clans, there should also be a standardized ranking system. For instance:
    • If clan wars occur in a 1v1 until either clan runs out of members (if it's 5v5, the score could be 4-5), the individual players could be ranked on the number of such matches won and lost (ratio)
    • If it's a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 and individual players would want to be ranked, a system of gaining half or a similar number of what 1v1 would get.
    • Another idea would be to keep records of the individual players matches to rank them, I will make a hypothetical example of me:
      Betagen (Won/Lost):
      1v1: (4/5) 2v2: (2/3) 3v3: (0/0)
      And so on...

Or we could just leave ranking to individual clans. It seems pointless to me to rank players. However, if people want to make leaderboards for players, they can do it however they want.

P.S. The reason I'm suggesting a standardized system is because the forum has not yet expanded too much and it could be controlled.

Why should it be controlled? And who says all clans are even on this forum? We don't know that.
    But when over 20 clans with at least 7 members in each form, it will really be difficult to track bullshit ;)

The EE forum has a billion crews and seems to do fine.
    at least 4 forum members join everyday and you see how much has recently changed due to 3-5 new active members.

So?

Edited: referring to Clan War rules: http://vortexwars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1730
    • Due to different timezones of players or lack of time a match can be adjourned or cancelled. This should not be considered as a loss.
    • The accepted/delayed clan war challenge should be notified in the clan page first post. This could also apply to the results.

Okay then...
    Ratburntro44

Postby Combeboy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Fiend has been removed as head mod now anyway, so hopefully this fiasco is over.

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Lopdo/messages
    I expect nothing less than gratuitous violence from the lot of you!
    Combeboy

Postby BetaGen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:50 pm

@Rat I'm ok with you disagreeing, it's all valid, but do you really have to mention the moderator thing 4 times?

The mod problem:
    Anyway, the idea was that you would need a spectating moderator OR screenshots. I was just not sure about the screenshot idea when I wrote it, so I made an alternative - mods.
    The map problem:
    Well, If nobody has a problem with playing any map, then OK. I just seem to prefer "Match" maps, designed for clan wars (Symmetries). It would be better for the following result idea.
    The result problem:
    Well It would be a good way to see what sort of matches the clan plays, therefore the strength and weakness of the clan. Also proof of them really playing.
    The 1v1 problem:
    I did not say that 1v1 would be forced, I just liked the idea. I also mentioned 2v2, 3v3 and so on. The 1v1 was just an example for easy player ranking.
    The standardization problem:
    No rules would be needed at all, just everyone does what they come up with. I'm ok with that, but IMO it would come to chaos soon enough. I'm justifying this by what already is going on in the forums. The 3-5 new members a day was just the statistic of the forum growing every day. I don't know the EE forum and overemphasizing the numbers is not helping much.

I understand your deconstructive bashing, but it's likely because you are against any sort of regulation on this subject. By the way, I doubt that there are clans outside the forum, If there are then my bad. They will definitely not be interested in "rules". If there will be absolutely no regulations, then there's no point in discussing it any further and let the chaos begin ;

P.S. I'm not trying to enforce the rules. but for people to see whether it's worth it. I'm an egoist, I'm trying to make clans interesting and civil for myself.
    IT IS TIME YOU
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)⤺⫭■-■
    (⫭■_■)
    MAKE A DONATION
    *YEEAAAAAAAAAAAH*
    BetaGen

EFFACÉ

Postby Ozserf » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 pm

EFFACÉ
    Last edited by Ozserf on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Ozserf

Postby BetaGen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Ok, Ozserf beat some sense into me. I was wrong to think that way.
    Ozserf wrote:The only guideline system should be implanted ingame and manage basic stuff like: Counting victories, Rankings, Tournament subscription, Clan Subscription, and Games Modes should be enough to start with.

This idea is something that would perfectly satisfy instead of restricting the forums into some guidelines
    IT IS TIME YOU
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)⤺⫭■-■
    (⫭■_■)
    MAKE A DONATION
    *YEEAAAAAAAAAAAH*
    BetaGen

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion