Vortex Wars Council

Here you can talk about more general clan related topics

Re: Vortex Wars Council

Postby Ozserf » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 pm

And also Sundancer, again I think you're right. You are giving me a fine mirror of some perspective of myself.

Ok, let's forget about the senators, let's just add to the Council seats. Seats for Elder players. Ok now I would like to have a seat and I shut my mouth. Um... I shut my fingers.
Ozserf

Postby BeatlesFan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:16 pm

How about this: Each clan designates two per clan. There are no alternates.

Either both get one vote each or the clan leader gets 2 votes and the other counts as one vote.

Any thoughts on this?
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

Postby necrocat219 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm making a list of tiers in order of how powerful races are in Att and HC, that anyone can vote in so that the community decide what is overpowered, underpowered and everything in between - It could help in future clan battles if you're interested, and clans could choose to avoid God-tier races or play special underpowered matches! Just noticed the VW Council thread and had a look through, and I made the list with part of the motivation being clan battles.Links in signature. :)
The simple, the best.
necrocat219

Postby Fangfallen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 pm

BeatlesFan wrote:Again - I plan to have this fully operational by the end of the weekend. In the meantime please feel free to comment. In particular I would like to know:

Clan Leaders - Who is your alternate that will speak for your clan when you can't

Members - Other than ONE leader per clan plus Mods/Admins - are there others that should be on the Council?

Rules and Roles - Any recommendations that you would like to see?

Other related content for the front page?

I think the council should run a poll.
Pick 10 members who seem to be unbiased and can make good calls. It's ok if there in a clan.
The top 3 scoring members should be added to the council with a voting weight of 1.

That's my opinion.. Do as you wish.
VortexWars Rulebook

A Wolf at heart ~ RIP
Fangfallen

Postby Ozserf » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Ok I'm out otherwise you would have too many unnecessary members.
Ozserf

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 am

The following message was sent by PM to each current Active Clan Leader:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Vortex Wars Council.

Operations are likely to begin sometime on Sunday, July 28, 2013.

As a Clan Leader you are invited to a seat on the Council.

I would ask that you do the following:

1) Take a look at the Vortex Wars Council Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4079&p=80178#p80178

2) Designate an Alternate that can represent your clan if you are unavailable. You may wish to make it very clear to your alternate that they should not vote in your place on any issues unless you tell them to do so, or if you cannot.

3) See what rules/structure/content you would like to see on the Council thread.

I see the Council representing the combined clan community. Each clan is always autonomous and you continue to 100% run your clans in any way that you wish. I hope that the council only presents a combined face on matters that either impact all clans or to provide a consensus (or at least majority) view when there is a dispute between clans where we might seek a ruling on something.

For example:

+ I have maintained the Active Clans thread. I made up my own rules such as: 4 members, active on both forum and in the game. You may or may not agree with this. I think the Council can easily rule on what defines an "Active Clan".

+ There have been at least two disputed "was there or wasn't there" moments in the VTI Clan battles. Two clans saw it different ways in both. I think that the Council could weigh in on what clans think the rule on these should be, rather than one player that made the thread.

I hope that the Council will be of value to you and that you participate. The thread is yours for comment, and I hope that you do.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A slightly modified version of this message also went out to Forum Mods).
Last edited by BeatlesFan on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeatlesFan

Postby BeatlesFan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 am

Front page has been updated as follows:

Dropped:

BetaGen
Speedy
Zane

None of them has even logged on to the forum since September of 2012 - No point in leaving them there.

This leaves 11 on the Council for now. I doubt that Lopdo will vote, although I would like for him to if he chooses. This likely leaves 10 active Council members (whenever Techgump might make a guest appearance ;) ). I think that this is a manageable number.
BeatlesFan

Postby royalblue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:28 am

Too many people still. Next you'll want non-clan, and then you'll be asking your neighbors.
I honestly don't remember why I decided to type everything in blue.
royalblue

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 am

royalblue wrote:Too many people still. Next you'll want non-clan, and then you'll be asking your neighbors.

Are you hinting?
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby royalblue » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 am

Autumnwolf17 wrote:
royalblue wrote:Too many people still. Next you'll want non-clan, and then you'll be asking your neighbors.

Are you hinting?

Why would I hint? I wouldn't be able to use it.
I honestly don't remember why I decided to type everything in blue.
royalblue

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion