Clan Charge Wars

Do you want to declare war to another clan? Make a peace perhaps? Or just organize some matches? Here is a place for you

Re: Clan Charge Wars

Postby Ryankill » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm

there will be some held today 2 hours earlyer than normal, in 50 mins...
-Damon, sure as hell doesn't look like it

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Ryankill » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 am

Second season is over
Ms won that

Third season started
Ms -4
Km -1
Wp-1

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Ryankill » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Current standings
Ms -9
Km -1
Vwc -1
Pr -1
Wp -1

You too lucky
Ryankill

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Ryankill wrote:Current standings
Ms -9
Km -1
Vwc -1
Pr -1
Wp -1

Spoiler again because very few people actually want to read this and nobody wants to read it twice. I'd love it if you respond, feel free to argue, but don't fight.

Spoiler: show
These numbers should really prove a point. MS is good, and the few players they usually use are among the top of VW, but the fact is, this is insane. Part of the strategy of the game, sure, is incomporating the idea of luck into your play. But your version of luck is rediculous, you can't claim these ratios are based on skill, at least not skill alone. Almost every Soldiers win revolves around luck. And sure, lucky games are expected, the chances aren't that low, but when every game is a lucky game, it gets annoying.

If you won the overall "charges" (I think that's what the rounds are called) consistantly, with the other clans a few points behind, then we would all think to ourselves: "Well, dang, the Soldiers are good." And we would be right, you are good. But when you're 8 up above everyone else (and may I note, the people playing for these clans are not all complete idiots), you have to question what's going on.

Now, this is all I plan to say about this, I'm not accusing you of hacking or trying to get anything to change against you again, because honestly, this is your tourney, and I really have no right to do that regardless. I'm not trying to say that the Wolves are in any way better, or that Soldiers are worse, or that I'm boycotting this... nothing stupid like that. Heck, I haven't really been here for the past few days, so maybe the case for the huge number gap is just that there are a lot of 2v1v1s or whatever, because apparently that's happened before. But I was around for the first charge and part of the second one, so I can at least verify that those were set up in a hypothetically "fair" way. And for numbers like that, or like this, there has got to be bullshit involved somewhere.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby Guest77 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:58 pm

From most of the matches I've spectated, Autumnwolf17, it's generally at least 1 more MS member than any other clan (as I've said elsewhere, they are, indeed, the most active in game, which is an overwhelming bonus to have in CCW). I've only seen a single match (and I generally spectate 2-3/day, so I'm not saying I've spectated all or even close to it) where there was more of another clan (out of the 3 rounds of CCW at present). The rest of them either have 1+ more MS or an even number with 1+ other clans.

The other thing is that MS knows how to play cohesively together, as it's been shown to be quite evident. Some newer members struggle to understand the aspect of team play in VW, but they may learn over time, and because CCW is their first time in a clan setting, it gives any other clans in the match a huge advantage.

edit: now I can edit it after the double post. what.
Last edited by Guest77 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guest77

Postby Guest77 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:59 pm

For some reason it's not letting me edit it to add another statement:

Furthermore, I have never seen a match where there was only a single MS member in it, where many clans often play the match with a sole representative of their clan.
Guest77

Postby Autumnwolf17 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:11 am

Guest77 wrote:For some reason it's not letting me edit it to add another statement:

Furthermore, I have never seen a match where there was only a single MS member in it, where many clans often play the match with a sole representative of their clan.

Well, it was a lot of 2 Soldier, 2 Wolf, 1 someone elese the first time, and a lot of 2 Soldier, 2 Phoenix, 2 or 1 Wolf, maybe someone else for what I saw of the second charge, so that may be it, but I'd still say there's a lot of luck involved too, because this isn't a unique result among other tournaments either.
~ Wolf
Autumnwolf17

Postby jonsteederi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:05 am

Guest77 wrote:For some reason it's not letting me edit it to add another statement:

so true.
one more argument:
Since ryan is the only host. Ms will be part of every singe battle and has a chance to score a point.
Other clans don't show up for every mach giving Ms a huge advantage.

And i agree many unbalanced matches are played. 3v3v1 2v2v1 and even 2v1v1.
Albert Einstein wrote:You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
███████████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
jonsteederi

Postby Guest77 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:11 am

I'm not going to go so far as to say that anything is unfair, as that's how the game was set up. It is, after all, his clan's tournament.

EDIT: However, it would be helpful if there were hosts from different clans (albeit to Ryan's discretion to choose who, should he want other hosts).
Guest77

Postby BeatlesFan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:14 am

jonsteederi wrote:Since ryan is the only host. Ms will be part of every singe battle and has a chance to score a point.
Other clans don't show up for every mach giving Ms a huge advantage.

And i agree many unbalanced matches are played. 3v3v1 2v2v1 and even 2v1v1.

This would likely explain the disparity. I do not think there is any cheating going on.

Requiring Ryan to be present or it cannot happen does give MS a distinct advantage. Also the rules allow 3v3v1, so if Ryan wants he can simply announce starts when he has a "guarantee" that several from his clan can be on before it starts.

Again, not cheating, just the way it was set up. I have no issue with it - it just helps to explain why the math does not "prove" any cheating.
In Vortex Wars: 50% of the game is luck. 50% is skill. The other 50% is math.
BeatlesFan

PreviousNext

Return to Clan wars